The Swindon Winter Image Bonsai Show is to be held on Sunday 26th February 2017. It is a show that is open to the general public and the doors will open at 10.30am on the Sunday morning. Entry is £5.00 and raffle tickets will also be on sale at the door and throughout the day with the draw at 2.30pm after the awards have been awarded at 2pm.
The show is open from 10.30am till 4pm and throughout the day you can browse the trade stands, grab a coffee and a bite to eat, sit and admire the bonsai displays and have a catch up with friends and meet lots of bonsai enthusiasts.
In case you have never been the show is held at the Grange Leisure Centre (they changed their name) , Grange Drive, Stratton St Margaret, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3 4JY.
Below are a few images from our previous shows over the last 5 or more years and this year will also be a special year as it is the 40th anniversary of Swindon Bonsai Club so come along to help us celebrate and meet our club members and bonsai friends who have made Swindon Bonsai Club what it is today. A recent article has been published in Esprit magazine written kindly by Anne Royer which explains the background to Swindon Bonsai Club and the long term commitment and involvement of Reg Bolton in the hobby.
If you couldn’t make it last time, we’re sure you had your reasons but hopefully you can make it this year as it is open to all and we have lots of exciting new displays and trees for you to enjoy.
There will be visiting clubs and societies, guests with tremendous trees, oh and some excellent traders too just in case you feel like buying something.
- John Pitt who is also our Show Sponsor and sponsoring the main bonsai awards
- Windybank Bonsai
- Walsall Studio Ceramics who is also sponsoring the award for Best Tree/Pot combination
- Lee Verhorevoort
- Chris Thomas
- John Trott who is also sponsoring the award for Best Accent
- Greenwood Bonsai Studio
- Esoteric pots who is also sponsoring the award for the Best Innovative Entry
- Stone Monkey who has also donated a raffle prize
- David Sampson
- Daniel Butler
- Gordon Duffett
- Doug Mudd
- Swindon Club sales
Bonsai Clubs and Societies displaying
- Tees Valley
- Splinter Group
- Surrey Heath
- Berkshire Bonsai
Invited Guests exhibiting bonsai trees
- John Pitt who is also our Show Sponsor
- Steve McKee
- Harry Harrington
- Simon Temblett
- Martin Shepherd
- Graham Simpson who has also donated a raffle prize
- Nick Payne
- Andrew Smith
- Bill Baker
- Simon Crocker
- Jerry Wheeler
- Malcolm Driffield
- John Armitage
- Andy Jordan
- John Brocklehurst
Awards for specific Bonsai excellence include
Main Awards: sponsored by John Pitt Bonsai Ceramics
- Best Overall Display
- Best Chuhin
- Best Deciduous
- Best Evergreen
- Best Shohin tree
- Best Club Display
- Best Accent: sponsored by Mendip Bonsai Studio
- Best Tree/Pot Combo: sponsored by Walsall Studio Ceramics
- Best Innovative Entry: sponsored by Dan Barton
- Arihato award (Best Mame) sponsored by Kit Bowns
Look forward to seeing you there.