Swindon Bonsai Society has become an affiliate member of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS). As part of the benefits of now being an affiliate member we have taken out their club insurance too.
This was following a review of insurance policies from a range of sources with a view to ensuring we are getting the most appropriate cover for our club needs. It also allows us to join in with the leading horticultural society in the UK and further represent bonsai on a national scale.
Benefits of Affiliate membership
- Monthly copy of The Garden magazine
Packed full of practical advice, ideas and inspiration (RRP £4.50)
- Annual visit to an RHS Garden for up to 55 of your members
- Banksian or Grenfell Medal and certificate to award at your show
- Information Pack offering society related advice and support
- Gardening advice from RHS experts
- Quarterly magazine and email bulletins packed with the latest community gardening news and information
- Register of speakers and judges to help you plan your events and shows
- RHS Affiliated Societies logo for use on your stationery
- Access to the largest network of gardening clubs in the UK
- Opportunities to participate in national awareness-raising events and activities
We at this time also went for the optional benefit of taking advantage of the Insurance cover for Employers’ & Public Liability at highly competitive rates.
It also included:
- Certificates, stationery and medals designed exclusively for RHS Affiliated Societies
- Discounted RHS garden entryall year round for up to six of your members with the optional Garden Entry cards
- Special group rate tickets for RHS flower shows (excluding RHS Chelsea flower show)
The cost of the affiliation to the Royal Horticultural Society as a UK Club or Society is just £35.
The Employers & Public Liability insurance for Employers’ and Public Liability up to £5 million cover is £75 or £90 for up to £10 million cover. So in total our costs for the affiliation and insurance are £110 which is great value.