What an excellent show today which was hosted by Wessex Bonsai Society, and featured an Open Competition in addition to their Annual Bonsai Exhibition.
Corin Tomlinson of Greenwood Bonsai Studio performed two demonstrations throughout the day and the first was around Beech tree pruning and the second on Juniper styling and both of which were very informative.
Corin also judged the open competition, which was tough as there were over 100 bonsai trees in this competition and of a good standard too and more details on the individual entries in later posts.
There were a wide range of Bonsai traders present who were selling a fabulous range of Bonsai trees, bonsai pots, bonsai stands and accessories and much more and included:-
- Lee Verhorevoort of LV Bonsai
- Bonsai Trees Southampton
- Chris Thomas
- Mo pots
- David J Sampson of Fine Suiseki
- Gordon Duffett Hand Made Bonsai Pots (Contact via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 07704 534 634)
- Malcom Driffield of MD Creations in Wood (Contact via mobile on 07823 440 003)
- Corin Tomlinson of Greenwood Bonsai Studio
In addition there were club displays by Newbury & District Bonsai Society, Eastleigh, Solent, Celtic Knot, Warminster, Dragon and of course Wessex. Further posts to follow of the various competition classes, the winners and club displays coming soon.